Preparing Isle of Man legal documents for use all over the world
In this section
About our Notarial services
Kinley Legal provides a range of notarial certification and other services in the Isle of Man.
A Notary Public is a type of Isle of Man lawyer and public official whose primary role is to certify documents for use in other jurisdictions. This may be to verify or prove their authenticity for the purposes of foreign courts, registries, public authorities or other notaries. We certify notarial documents for use in all jurisdictions.
In addition to our notarial services, we are able to provide the services of a Commissioner for Oaths. This means we can assist with the legal formalities for documents for use in the courts, such as making affidavits and statutory declarations.
Our notarial and certification practice includes:
- officially witnessing the execution by parties in the Isle of Man of important foreign legal documents transferring property rights such as registration of trademarks and patents, bills of sale, assignments and cessions, mortgages and conveyances;
- verifying and certifying the identity of the Isle of Man parties to international transactions;
- administering oaths and statutory declarations (including oaths to affidavits providing evidence for foreign court proceedings);
- preparing and witnessing notarised powers of attorney and other specialised legal documentation, often in bilingual form;
- officially certifying translations between English and any other language;
- noting or protesting foreign negotiable instruments such as cheques, bills of exchange and promissory notes;
- producing notarial acts in public form, where required for the purposes of civil law jurisdictions; and
- working with foreign notaries, property and probate lawyers, accountants and tax advisers in relation to the winding up of foreign estates.
Only a person licensed as a Notary Public or admitted as a Commissioner for Oaths may provide these services in the Isle of Man.
The work of a Notary Public requires international expertise. We have specific experience in preparing documents for use in Russia and other Russian-speaking countries, South Africa, Hong Kong, China and many other countries. As a result, our trust and international probate practice areas often involve notarial work.