Our team has in-depth knowledge and experience across our specialist practice areas
Lindsey is a Senior Associate at Kinley Legal who specialises in immigration law and practice, working with South African and other international clients, as well as working on a range of other private client matters.
Lindsey is qualified as both a solicitor in England and Wales and an Attorney in South Africa, also being a Registered Legal Practitioner in the Isle of Man. She works with Kinley Legal’s international clients on matters including Isle of Man immigration, British nationality and international probate, with a specific focus on clients based in South Africa.
Lindsey is experienced in all areas of Isle of Man immigration law, but she is particularly passionate about family migration matters; helping clients and their families to navigate a complex and often daunting immigration system. Her compassionate outlook is of great value to our clients who are seeking to apply as spouses/civil partners, unmarried partners and dependent relatives.
Lindsey works with clients all over the world, including those from Europe, North and South America, Africa and the Far East.
Matters on which Lindsey has advised include:
- working with the partners and family of British citizens and Isle of Man permanent residents from the USA, Canada, South Africa, China and Thailand on immigration applications including entry clearance, leave extensions and applications for indefinite leave to remain;
- advising on and assisting with indefinite leave to enter applications of adult dependent relatives;
- preparing legal opinions on matters including family life as a child of a person with limited leave as a partner or parent;
- working with clients from South Africa and other Commonwealth countries on British Ancestry applications;
- helping EEA citizens and their family members to navigate a new and complicated regime and preparing applications made under the EU Settlement Scheme and EU Family Permit;
- assisting Isle of Man based companies and co-ordinating with individuals and their families from around the globe on worker migrant immigration permissions;
- working with clients to secure Business Migrant (Innovator) letters of endorsement and visas;
- guiding Hong Kong British Nationals (Overseas) through all aspects of this unique route to immigration including preparation of applications, entry requirements and switching from other visa categories; and
- advising international clients on complex Isle of Man probate and estate administration applications.
Prior to joining Kinley Legal in 2021, Lindsey practised for several years at UK Magic Circle law firm Allen & Overy, working with international clients on complex litigation, arbitration and regulatory investigation matters in a variety of commercial sectors including banking, finance, fintech, competition law and intellectual property across a number of jurisdictions including the UK, Europe, the UAE and the USA.
Before her own immigration to the UK in 2009, Lindsey completed her practical training and subsequently practised as an attorney in South Africa. She has experience in contentious and non-contentious law including working on commercial litigation matters for a major South African bank, family law matters and the drafting and negotiating of various commercial contracts and private client agreements.
Lindsey’s breadth of experience and commercial awareness coupled with her own personal journey through the immigration process means that she can provide clients with empathetic and pragmatic technical advice.
Attorney (South Africa) (2009) (not currently practising)
Solicitor (England and Wales) (2014)
Registered Legal Practitioner (Isle of Man) (2020)
Bachelor of Commerce (University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2004)
LLB (Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa, 2006)
Afrikaans (working knowledge)
Law Society of England and Wales
Law Society of the Cape of Good Hope, South Africa